Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Persistence Of A Posey

“It does not matter how slowly you go

so long as you do not stop."

- Confucius


More wisdom from the garden…the other day I noticed this dahlia bloom, a third or fourth generation volunteer, in one of our terracotta pots on the back patio.  This stalwart blossom reminded me how persistence pays off!  If we remain persistent in our endeavors, we can be rewarded in beautiful ways.


I needed this reminder as sometimes I am chided by my inner critic for taking baby steps and making slow progress;  yet, I'm encountering joy and fulfillment along the way, so despite the lurking self-criticism and the slow pace at times, I’m persisting and keeping the faith that I am indeed headed in the right direction, growing and preparing to “bloom.”  May you have faith in your own ability to “bloom,” too!