Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ease Up, Slow Down

“Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do

is to take a complete rest.”

-          Ashleigh Brilliant


Meet Franki who knows how to rest well!

After a maintenance treatment a few days ago, my active mind and my sluggish body haven’t been cooperating with one another, and today I was tired, restless and frustrated.  I started thinking about how, regardless of what it is that’s ailing us (health, job or relationship issues, stress, grief),  easing up on ourselves when we’re feeling low doesn’t mean we’re slacking or surrendering.  Instead, it means we’re paying attention to our own needs and allowing time for rest and rejuvenation, so we can move forward with renewed energy and strength. 
I’m admittedly still seeking a comfort level with easing up on myself, slowing down and resting when I’m in a temporary lull like this one right now.  It’s part of the quest for better self-care! 
Wishing you a respite whenever needed…