Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In Between Everything

Sharing another piece created during the second healing arts retreat I attended at CHOMP.  Similar to "Outer Balms, Inner Healing," this collage followed the day's directive of creating art representing our inner healer.

The words "in between everything" caught my eye as I was leafing through magazines, compiling clippings for this collage.  These words spurred thoughts on the challenges of striving for self care and healing "in between everything," the busyness of day to day life, home and business responsibilities, parenting and a hectic family schedule.  These words also prompted contemplation on maintaining a positive outlook "in between everything" that has been challenging about my health situation. 

The perimeter of this collage contains the words I found to represent challenges:

in the void
I have been poked, prodded, squeezed
stressful
self-doubt
it's up to me
non-Hodgkin lymphoma
dark
multitasking
fuzzy brain
fear
emotional
worry

The center of this collage contains the words I chose to represent healing:

calm
safe
hope
mindful
love
keep a kind heart
breathe
art
look within
growth
peace
inspiration
soul

"In between everything, let there be light..."



"In Between Everything"   Spring 2012
Collaged words with acrylic paint & glitter glue