Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Subconscious Forest


One of yesterday's new designs

Yesterday I suddenly felt compelled to experiment with a few new notecard designs incorporating vintage foreign postage stamps I recently purchased.  To accompany the stamps, I was drawn to an assortment of printed cardstock in a glowing palette of green, orange red and gold with a Far East, Zen aesthetic.  As I was reviewing a handful of photos taken during our family hike enjoyed last weekend at The Forest of Nisene Marks State Park, the realization dawned on me that the sights and colors of our hike had subconsciously influenced my latest designs.  What a powerful force the subconscious can be in shaping our perspective, our mood, our ideas and our actions, and when focused positively, what amazing benefits we can reap!
Buddha under the bridge



My favorite Five-Finger Fern (Adiantum pedatum)
 
Water Fern? (Still trying to learn different species of ferns!)


Acorn wearing its fuzzy "hat"




More new designs created yesterday

How is your subconscious speaking to you?