Friday, September 14, 2012

On My Nightstand

On my nightstand right now...

I confess one of the reasons why I’ve been quiet here on my blog this week is because the compelling stack of books on my nightstand lured me into reading rather than writing!  Last night (or should I say early this morning?), I finished an intriguing page turner of a novel, “Midnight Cactus” by Bella Pollen, and ended up with only five hours of sleep.  Ahhh, the sacrifice of sleep for a captivating story!
Two inspirational and motivational books complete my stack of current reads.  If you read my Carry With You post, you already know author and motivational coach, Gail McMeekin’s books have been very influential in my creative journey.  I’m now reading her most recent “The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women A Portable Life Coach for Creative Women” and picking up more nuggets of wisdom.  I’m also reading “The Miracle of Mindfulness” by Thich Nhat Hanh, borrowed from our public library, which contains one of my favorite quotes…
“Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don’t even recognize: 
a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves,
the black, curious eyes of a child – our own two eyes. 
All is a miracle.”
Nestled between book covers are marvelous opportunities to gain knowledge and insight, to be inspired, to be entertained, to discover, explore and experience different worlds, lives and stories!
What's on your nightstand, beckoning?