Thursday, October 25, 2012

Green Is A Happy Thing

Tonight I’m sharing the fourth and final SoulCollage® card created during last month’s healing art retreat.  This card symbolizes the heart chakra represented by the color green and connected to love and compassion.  I’m not well versed on the topic of chakras, and my limited knowledge is only from brief references during past yoga classes, so I sought a little more information at the library and online.  I learned that the heart chakra is also connected to following one’s heart and one’s unique direction in life, freedom and growth.  The color green represents harmony, health, abundance and of course, nature.  I included a path on my card without initially realizing its significance, allowing my heart to lead me along this new path of mindfulness and creativity. 
(I removed the photo of my card originally included when I wrote this post.  Although the card is from my personal deck and isn't copied or for sale, I do not wish to infringe upon the copyrights of others' images which were respectfully collaged on my card.  My original writing remains as I believe the information and insight I've shared in this post may still be of interest to you.  I hope to share future cards created with my own photos soon.) 


I am reminded of a silly saying composed with a dear friend while hiking at Point Lobos many years ago - ”Green is a happy thing!”  Indeed, happiness can be found in love, following one’s heart, growth, health, abundance and nature.
May your heart guide you…