Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sweetness

(I removed the photo of my card originally included when I wrote this post.  Although the card is from my personal deck and isn't copied or for sale, I do not wish to infringe upon the copyrights of others' images which were respectfully collaged on my card.  My original writing remains as I believe the information and insight I've shared in this post may still be of interest to you.  I hope to share future cards created with my own photos soon.) 
 
Tonight, I'm sharing the second in four SoulCollage® cards I created at yesterday’s healing art retreat.  This one is “Sweetness,” and as I was pulling these images together, I contemplated the pleasures and rewards of tasting life’s sweet moments.  I’ve always appreciated and savored such moments, and now even more intently and fully so.    

I included a couple parts of Wayne Thiebaud's "Bakery Counter" in my collage which, when found as I was clipping images from magazines yesterday, I promptly thought of as perfect for my collage!  I happened to see the original in a retrospective of the artist's paintings at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor in San Francisco back in 2000, a perfect example of a sweet moment.  Coincidentally, while my husband and I were in the city earlier this week to belatedly celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, we visited the Legion of Honor (my first return in the twelve years since the Wayne Thiebaud retrospective) where we were captivated by the Rodin sculptures in the permanent collection and engrossed in the current Man Ray and Lee Miller exhibit.  Visiting the Legion of Honor was part of the "icing on the cake" of a wonderful trip to the city filled with many enjoyable and sweet moments!
Wishing you sweetness!