Monday, April 8, 2013

Becoming Untangled


(I removed the photo of my card originally included when I wrote this post.  Although the card is from my personal deck and isn't copied or for sale, I do not wish to infringe upon the copyrights of others' images which were respectfully collaged on my card.  My original writing remains as I believe the information and insight I've shared in this post may still be of interest to you.  I hope to share future cards created with my own photos soon.) 

Sharing the third SoulCollage® card I created last month – “Tangled.”  This image of a woman with her head in a haze seemed to me the perfect match for the background of tangled thread/yarn.  

Whether it's "chemo brain," a bit of underlying, lingering post-traumatic stress, burnout from too many years of too much multi-tasking or a combination of all of the above, I have, at times, become more easily tangled, overstimulated and overwhelmed.  I'm working on practicing methods of untangling myself - pausing, taking deep breaths, resting, mentally stepping back and looking at the bigger picture, trying to simplify, slow down, be mindful and work on better self-care, both physically and emotionally. 

One of my favorite bloggers, Sonya Kanelstrand, very recently wrote about the many benefits of simple living, and indeed, making a commitment and taking steps to simplify one's life gets the untangling in motion.
Here's what my "Tangled" card has expressed to me...

When tangled in thoughts and emotions and life's minutiae,

take a deep breath,

breathe in calm,

breathe out confusion,

focus on untangling the mind

and finding clarity.

How do you untangle yourself?  Wishing you calmness and clarity...