Sunday, April 21, 2013

Something Good


Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.”

- Unknown

 
With last week’s tragedies on my mind and those impacted in my thoughts and heart, I was seeking, but not finding the “right” words to express my sympathy and support, my wishes for hope and healing.  Today, as I was scrolling through photos taken last weekend while our family enjoyed a local hike, I came across one I took of a quote on a memorial plaque (on a bench in a peaceful redwood grove) which gave us pause for thought as we paused to rest our bodies, and I knew I had found the “right” words.

I wondered about the person to whom this bench pays honor
and learned that he was an animal and nature lover,
that he was adventurous and courageous, that he battled cancer.
Although I was merely a passerby, I would like to pay respect to him 
and send peaceful wishes to his loved ones by sharing this photo I took of Kevin's bench.

 
What defines the good in every day for me…

Love

Compassion

Community/connection

Generosity

Gratitude

Beauty in nature, in art, in a person’s words, actions and spirit

Simple moments of grace

Holding on to hope, strength, positivity

 
Wishing something good in every day to all…