Friday, May 24, 2013

Faith In A Seed


 
When I joined Alana Puryear's "Journal Journey" last year, I had missed the first session, so she kindly shared that sessions's guided activity with me which incorporated the metaphors of planting seeds and establishing roots and their relation to our explorations, passions and identifying what nourishes us to grow.  I completed two pages on my own at home focused on these metaphors. 



Serendipitously, at that same time, I had checked out a book on Thoreau, "Faith in a Seed," from our public library which provided me with some fitting inspiration.  In addition to excerpts from this book, I added a few more quotes (from my collection of saved favorites) to these pages:
 
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds that you plant."
- Robert Louis Stevenson
 
"Dreams are the seedlings of reality."
- James Allen
 
"Continuity gives us roots;
change gives us branches,
letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights."
- Pauline R. Kezer
 
 
 
Keep planting, keep growing, as the landscape of your life evolves, expect wonders...