Saturday, June 22, 2013

In A Quiet Place



"In A Quiet Place," magazine images, acrylic paint, ink
 


 
In the quiet places, I am

Reflecting,

Learning,

Centering,

Growing,

Healing…
 
Yesterday I shared my meditative “Gerbera Still Life” collage created during this month’s healing art retreat.  Another piece created at this month's retreat resulted from a directive to select a magazine image that illustrated one of our current emotions and work it into our choice of medium.  I was drawn to two images which I paired together in a piece with acrylic paint and ink.  These images evoked a sense of stillness, a moment of calm in a quiet place.  As much as I used to thrive on a “crazy busy” schedule in my old life, in my new (and hopefully, improved!) life, I often yearn for quiet and calm to regain my bearings and find my center again.  We don’t have to fill every nook and cranny of our lives…slowing down and allowing some space and stillness can actually reenergize us and give us the momentum to move forward, invigorated and motivated!


How does pausing for some stillness in your life contribute to your well being?