Friday, October 24, 2014

Hello Yellow


Cooper's Goldenbush, Hidden Valley, Joshua Tree
 
 
Hello yellow!  Pops and splashes of yellow…this is the color that kept catching my eye during our California desert vacation last week.  One of my ongoing mantras of late has been “make lemonade out of lemons” as I’ve recently handled a string of (minor) inconveniences and challenges, so perhaps it was this mantra that brought the color yellow to the forefront of my attention?  As we were riding the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway from Mt. San Jacinto back down to the desert valley floor, I was stung by a bee or wasp (which, unbeknownst to me, had tucked itself into the sleeve of my fleece jacket and stung me as I was tying the sleeves around my waist…go figure!)  More “lemonade,” please!  I’ve been feeling inclined to create a SoulCollage® card for myself titled “The Lemonade Maker” and will likely do so soon, but with yellow showing up just about everywhere lately (the other night I even dreamt I was drawing a pen and ink sun mandala), I’m thinking yellow should be the springboard for my next mixed media collage (or sun mandala?!)

 
 
 
 
 

How are you inspired by color?