Sunday, May 31, 2015

You Can Find Her In Your Heart

One of my favorite local beach photos,
and a favorite exclamation of gratitude Joni and I shared - "We live here!"

How do you navigate through your grief when one of your best friends has passed away?

You allow yourself to experience the range of emotions you encounter with the sense that her enduring spirit will shine a bright light through your sadness and illuminate your path.

You draw strength from your admiration for the valiant warrior she proved to be during her 10-plus year battle with amyloidosis.

You continue to find inspiration and encouragement in her witty, determined, courageous, passionate, caring, loving qualities.

You are uplifted by gratitude for your 20-year friendship and find solace in the many fond memories you shared together, the carefree and humorous ones along with those which were deeply poignant.

You connect with mutual loved ones in a comforting circle of support.

You reminisce, cry, reflect, cry, smile, laugh, cry...remembering all the while that releasing your tears is healing.

You learn how to feel peace knowing she is at peace.  

You realize that just as she has always been there for you, she is and will always be here.  Although you have lost her in this physical world, love is everlasting, and you can find her in your heart.

This is what I tell myself as I miss my dear friend Joni who passed away ten days ago...I can find her in my heart.  


Please join me in healing wishes for Joni's husband, family and friends.  When making your donations to worthy causes and charities, perhaps you'll consider the Amyloidosis Foundation.